A hotel barge holiday is the perfect way to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the French canals and is a fantastic option for couples, families and groups of friends looking for a relaxed and intimate getaway. And who better to travel with than French river cruise operator, CroisiEurope, who have been operating successfully for over 45 years and know this beautiful country better than anyone?
CroisiEurope’s French hotel barge itineraries are proving increasingly popular with holidaymakers and, as a result, the company has increased capacity and launched its first ever stand-along hotel barge brochure for 2022.
The 16-page brochure features all of CroisiEurope’s French hotel barge itineraries which operate through Alsace, Burgundy, Provence, Ile de France and Champagne as well as on the Upper Loire.
Whether its gastronomy, wine, history, culture or simply the chance to relax and watch the world go by.
There is an itinerary that will suit everyone:
• A seven-day cruise on the Marne Canal between Paris and Epernay with a chance to discover charming and timeless Paris as well as Reims, home to a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The cruise calls in Lagny-sur Marne, Isles-les-Meldeuses, Sain-Jean-les-Desux-Jumeaux, Chateau Thierry and Dormans.
• A seven-day cruise on the Marne-Rhine Canal through the heart of Alsace and Moselle. The cruise travels between Strasbourg and Lagarde and visits Waltenheim, Saverne, Lutzelbourg and Xouaxange.
• A unique seven-day cultural and gourmet cruise along the Burgundy, Saône and Centre Canal between Dijon and Saint-Leger-sur-Dheune calling in Longecourt-en-Plaine, Saint-Jean-de-Losne, Chalon-sur-Saône, Chagny and Santenay.
• A majestic seven-day cruise between Burgundy and the Doubs valley. The cruise starts in Dijon and calls in Petit Ouges, Saint-Jean-de-Losne, Dole and Ranchot before finishing in Besancon.
• A seven-day cruise along the Loire Canal through the heart of authentic terroirs and cities full of character. The cruise travels between Nevers and Briare with calls in Marseilles-les-Aubigny, Herry, Menetreol-Sous-Sancerre and Lere.
• A seven-day cruise on the Rhone Canal to discover 2,500 years of history as well as breathtaking scenery. The cruise travels between Arles and Sète and visits Gallician, Aigues-Mortes and Palavas-les-Flots.
The cruises take place on CroisiEurope’s fleet of six charming hotel barges which feature just 11 en-suite outward facing cabins, restaurant, lounge bar, sun deck and relaxation area with Jacuzzi.And, with six crew members including a talented chef who will serve up a variety of mouthwatering dishes reflecting the regions through which the barge is travelling, guests are guaranteed a truly a personalised service. Best of all, these cruises offer fantastic value for money as the price includes all meals and drinks onboard, excursions, use of onboard bicycles, and port fees.
So what are you waiting for? With CroisiEurope’s 2022 and 2023 hotel barge itineraries now on sale, why not book and experience the authenticity that only France and CroisiEurope can provide.
To request a 2022 French Hotel Barge Brochure or for 2022 and 2023 hotel barge reservations, call +33 (0)3 8876 2199 or visit www.croisieurope.travel (External link)