Burgundy - Franche Comte region in France
[Burgundy – Franche Comté](/en/burgundy "Burgundy France Comte France"), known mostly for its wines and gastronomy, but also for its beautiful landscapes and heritage, reveals a wealth of history, culture and monuments. The region is alive with mid-sized mountains, ideal terrain for exploring on foot and horseback, and for experiencing skiing in all its glory. It also has one of France's largest navigable waterways networks, along with a great stretch of cycling trails .
Five reasons to visit Burgundy – Franche Comté
- France's leading region in [river tourism](/en/burgundy/article/barging-burgundy-0 "Barging in Burgundy"), with more than 1,000 km of navigable canals and rivers.
- A variety of itineraries for all types and levels of hikers, horseback riders, skiers, snowshoers...
- Burgundy, one of the world's best-known wine regions and Jura , France's smallest wine region.
- A wealth of history, heritage and monuments, including nine UNESCO Heritage Sites.
- A network of complementary biking circuits: Le Tour de Bourgogne à Vélo, l'EuroVelo6, La Charles le Téméraire, la Grande Traversée du Jura à vélo, la Grande Traversée du Morvan à VTT…