Organized by the association ‘Paris 2018’, the 10th annual Gay Games will be held August 1 – 12th, 2018. Uniting up to 15,000 competitors from over 70 countries as well as more than 40,000 visitors and spectators from Paris, the nationand abroad.
This global event is open to all, without limits on age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, medical conditions or handicaps and with no athletic standard.
Supported by the highest level institutions and athletes, “Paris 2018” is preparing an original event celebrating diversity, respect, freedom, solidarity and generosity via a varied athletic program of 36 disciplines, a vast cultural program with 14 events and a cycle of conferences, ceremonies and evening events.
Since its creation in 1982 in the United States, the Gay Games has been committed to promoting inclusiveness and respect for diversity.
This year, Paris will host the 10th edition of the Gay Games.
Only two European cities (Amsterdam in 1998 and Cologne in 2010) have thus far been able to host. Paris, the city of lights and human rights was chosen as the ideal host for this emblematic 10th edition.
Some of the events to follow:
Day 1 (August 4th):
• Opening ceremony at Jean Bouin stadium - Get your tickets now!
The ceremony will be in three parts:
- The gathering by country and city of all Gay Games participants.
- Their colorful parade into the stadium.
- An amazing show with a few speeches, hymns, athletes and officials oaths, flame, and of course, world class entertainment
• Opening party at Grand Palais - Get your tickets now!
Day 3 (August 6th):
• Cheerleading at Stade Charlety - Salle Charpy
Do not miss the only day of competition for this sport and enjoy cheerleading exhibition and competition!
Day 5 (August 8 th):
• Gala Concert at Casino de Paris
Paris 2018 also wants to celebrate diversity through classical music. Thus, a gala concert will be organized at the Casino de Paris, a true Parisian institution (a theatre, not a gambling venue) where Mistinguett, Maurice Chevalier, Joséphine Baker, Line Renaud, Zizi Jeanmaire and Lizette Malidor revues were created.
• Ladies’ night – Get your tickets now!
A fun and festive night exclusively reserved for women.
Day 7 (August 10 th):
• Waterpolo finals at Piscine Georges Vallerey, Piscine Roger Le Gall
If you like aquatic sports, you won’t want to miss the Water Polo finals!
In the men’s/mixed tournament, the 200 players that are expected to participate (in approximately 20 teams) will take part in either of the two following competitions, depending on their levels of performance: the “Competition Cup” or the “Recreational Trophy”.
Day 8 (August 11th):
• Closing ceremony at Jean Bouin stadium
• Closing party at Les Docks de Paris - Get your tickets now!