The Vignobles & Découvertes label aims to provide quality services and visits catering to wine tourism. The label appeals to a customer base that appreciates the world of wine without necessarily being connoisseurs, and offers a range of quality services: accommodation, cultural sites, leisure activities, cellar tours, restaurants, exploration of natural spaces, events and more.
Six destinations in Champagne have been awarded the label: Massif de Saint Thierry, vallée de l'Ardre, Vallée de la Marne, Côte des Bar, Coteaux du Sézannais, Coteaux Sud d'Epernay et Côte des Blancs and Montagne de Reims.
Destination: Montagne de Reims
Situated between Reims and Épernay, this region’s natural and built heritage can be explored by car by following the Champagne Trail, which criss-crosses the region.
Here, the vineyards of Montagne de Reims lie between the wooded massif of Montagne de Reims Regional Natural Park, and the agricultural plain. The world’s only reserve of dwarf beeches, known as the "Faux de Verzy", exemplifies the uniqueness of this area covered in forest. This landscape, with winegrowing villages nestled among the vines, extends towards Reims with a green corridor that runs along the Canal de l’Aisne to the Marne. In the hills above Reims, the champagne cellars of Colline Saint-Nicaise, for which an application has been submitted for inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List, house thousands of bottles of champagne.
This area has microclimates suited to growing the three grape varieties that are authorised in the Champagne region, to produce a wide range of wines with varied characteristics, owing to the blending and ageing carried out by winegrowers.
This region offers the following 73 tourism services:
- 21 wine cellars, including those of the Vranken-Pommery champagne house in Reims
- 14 places to stay, including the Hôtel de la Paix in Reims
- 12 restaurants, including Le Millénaire in Reims
- 5 heritage sites, including the Phare de Verzenay lighthouse and museum
- 10 leisure activities, including vineyard tours in the "Petit Train des Vignobles" in Chamery
- 2 events, including the Mailly-Champagne wine and gastronomy fair
- 1 tourist office in Reims
- 6 receptive tour operators